Friday, August 31, 2007

Glucose Tolerence day

At our appointment yesterday it was time for my 1 hour glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. I was feeling a little nauseous before we even left to go to our appointment, then I drank the orange drink...it wasn't as bad as I was imagining, but i am soooo not used to such sweet drinks! I felt sick twice while I was waiting the hour for them to draw my blood, but thankfully was able to control it.....I was not going to do this again! They will have the results today, but my doc is off until Tuesday so I won't hear anything until then. Not really worried about it, I just know I don't want to do the 3 hour test!!! Otherwise all was well at our appointment, heartbeat was 160...high for him, must have been from all the sugar, fundal measurements good. My next appointment is in 2 weeks...on Sarah's due date! Wow! I can't believe that is so close!!! I think we should be scheduling an ultrasound again soon, too.... I hope so, it's been so long since we've seen him!

I went to a store in town and looked at cribs and furniture. Ron and I are going to try to make a decision today as to which furniture we want. I know what my choice is, but I think his will be different. We'll see! I have a ton of boxes so that I can start packing up my craft room, so that it can become the spare room and we can get started on the nursery. I think we will paint it blue and yellow, I want something bright and fun. But we haven't figured that out completely yet, either. Only 82 days left to go...guess we'd better get busy, it will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well my little Atticus, this comment is very late...but September 1st, was your mothers birthday! This was a very special one because she has you. She is a very busy lady right now, working and preparing for you...she wants everything to be just right! Papa Don and I visited your mom and your dad on Sunday, September 2nd to celebrate "her" birthday. Papa Don took several pictures of your mommy and daddy, so in years to come, you could see how wonderful she looked while pregnant with you!

Your mommy showed us all the wonderful things she has already acquired for you and your bedroom! What a lucky little boy you are going to be! She was so excited about your arrival.

November 21st is fast approaching. All your other cousins have already been born and can't wait to meet you! Neither can we! Love you already...Nani