Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's a .........

We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out that we are having a boy! Ron and I are very excited! I was a little worried that he wouldn't co-operate and let us find out, but he was more than happy to show us his "boy parts" over and over! His heartbeat was a strong, healthy 144 beats per minute and it sounded wonderful. He weighs about 11 ounces, making him almost the size of a can of pop. He was very active, so we got to watch him moving all over the place! Both the ultrasound technician and the doctor said that all his measurements are good and that he looks great!

After she was done doing the level II ultrasound to get all the measurements she needed, the tech changed the machine and took 3D and 4D pictures of him. It was amazing the detail you could see in his handsome little face! We are right on track with his size and development (he was 18 weeks 6 days yesterday).

He has been a very active boy for about the last week and a half. I have really started to feel him moving and kicking. It is a strange feeling, hard to describe.... but it's very cool! For the first time last night, I was able to put Ron's hand where he was kicking and Ron was able to feel his kicks, too! Today I was watching my tummy while he was kicking and for the first time, I could see him kick! I can't believe that I am already 19 weeks pregnant....we are almost halfway to our due date!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be great to welcome another boy into the family. I feel your excitement. So happy for you and Ron. I will probably pick up something blue and send it. Your cousin Patti

Anonymous said...

We are so excited about our new nephew! The ultrasound pictures turned out great - very handsome.