Saturday, September 22, 2007

Zoe is here!

I am so excited! My sister, Sarah, had her baby on Thursday! Just like the day she told me she was pregnant, I cried all day after my dad called and told me that she was in labor. I spent the rest of the morning bouncing off the walls on Thursday, until I could leave work to go meet my new niece or nephew...
So finally, at 2:03 pm, Zoe Deborah Walker was born....all 21 inches and 8 lbs 14 oz of her!!! She's a big healthy girl. And she is so beautiful! Mom and baby are both doing great! I can't wait for Zoe and Atticus to grow up together!
Congratulations Sarah and Eric!!!! We are SO happy and excited for you!

Atticus and I are both doing well. We went to the nurse practitioner class last week so they could practice using the doppler, taking fundal height measurements, and doing Leopold maneuvers (figuring out where/how baby is positioned). It went well, our fundal height measured ok and no one was too rough with the Leopold's maneuvers....Ron was worried about that, as was I because my muscles were already a little sore. But as I said, it went well....It was great to hear his little heartbeat so many times that day! I really love that sound! Now we are just anxiously awaiting our next doctor appointment and his 32 week growth ultrasound on Tuesday. I am hoping to get the first one or two coats of paint in the nursery this weekend.

No comments: